Wednesday, January 12, 2011

2010 Wrap-up

So, in January 2010 I thought it would be interesting to start a blog tracking the records that I acquire. To be honest, I never really thought I would get 150 something posts up in the course of a year. I wasn't even sure if the blog would still be active after a while.

I must say that I am proud that I have been able to maintain it as well as I have and I hope to continue in 2011.

So, in total, the blog tracked the purchase of 293 records! It seems like such a daunting number, but to put it in perspective, I sold a total of 454 records on eBay. The records on the blog are all in my collection, but a lot of the money from the records sold on eBay went towards these.



It still does not look like a ton to me, but I guess since I sold so much stuff and chose all of these so deliberately, it is a lot.

Some of the more interesting collections that I have are...

Minor Threat: Self Titled
I got a bit obsessed over this record and have all of the consumer presses that I know exist.



Earth
A couple of these are Sub Pop represses, a couple from Kreation and one that I purchased in Ireland.



Metallica
These are so varied, some I have had since I was young, some are represses. These are all of my favorite records from Metallica and I am very excited to have them all!



Isis
I think they have some of the best looking records and I was fortunate enough to pick up a few more this year.



High on Fire
3 of these are the recent Relapse represses, but I have been looking for them for a while and am excited that the represses are so nice.



Dillinger Escape Plan
I was able to get all 6 of these this year. As of last year, I had 0. 2 of these I got locally, 2 in Portland, 1 online and 1 as a gift!



Cryptopsy
This is probably the collection that I am most excited about. Somehow I was able to find one locally, I bought 2 online and one at Wacken! This is all of the full lengths that I want. The only thing that I could ask for is an original of None So Vile


Slayer
I was able to get a couple of replacements for the warped records that are signed by Kerry King and I was able to get Seasons in the Abyss and Divine Intervention. There are still a couple more to pick up, but these are all of the essentials!



No comments:

Post a Comment