Saturday, January 1, 2011

Trip to Portland! Gehenna/Dillinger Escape Plan/H2O/Shelter/In Cold Blood


A quick trip to Portland for Christmas and one stop at 2nd Ave yields 5 records. These are all pretty scattered in style and all good finds for me.

First, I got Dillinger Escape Plan: Ire Works. The price tag on this shows that it was added to their inventory back in early 2007 and it was still sealed. I am assuming that it was in storage somewhere in a back room! This is a pretty hard to find record and to find it sealed for the price it was new... that's just lucky! This was printed in gray and red and limited to 3000.



Shelter: When 20 Summers Pass. This is a pretty good record from the era. Late 90s Krishna hardcore. Its not my favorite, by any stretch, but I do appreciate it for what it is. Add the fact that it was in the discount bin....... mine



Along the same lines, I found a copy of H2O: Faster Than The World. Now, I am not a fan of picture discs, but I love this record and it was in the discount bin as well. Seems like such a shame to let it sit there.




2 records from A389 round out this trip.. Gehenna: The War of the Sons of Light and the Suns of Darkness. This has been on my radar for a little while now and its good to see it in the store. Great price and amazing packaging on this! I love what A389 does with some of their pressings.



Lastly, In Cold Blood: Suicide King. This is a lot of older material and some shitty sounding live stuff. A few really good tracks and a nice poster...




No comments:

Post a Comment