Saturday, March 10, 2012

Stratovarius: Elements Part 2 (Clear Vinyl)

For a long time it was hard for me to really appreciate symphonic power metal and over the last 4 years or so, I have been experimenting with some of the classics.  One of the first records that really stuck with me was the new Stratovarius record Elysium.  It's really hard for me to get past the cheesy vibe behind it, but once I get over it, it is some amazing music.  Very passionate, technical and extremely well composed. 
When I was picking up some other records, I came across this 2003 release that was some found overstock.  I thought it was worth it to pick it up.  It is a lot different than Elysium, but it is still very obviously Stratovarius.  I think as I go back into their discography, I will learn to appreciate these releases and how this fits into their evolution.


No comments:

Post a Comment