Monday, May 2, 2011

2 Burning World Releases: The Austrasian Goat and Gnaw Their Tongues



I got both of these on eBay while bidding on a bunch of stuff he had. Most of the records I was bidding on got out of my price range. I was specifically interested in Gnaw Their Tongues and since he had The Austrasian Goat as well, I figured it was worth a shot.

Now, both of these records are challenging to listen to. Very dark and broody music and imagery. The art concepts and song titles tie in very well with the emotion of the music making it a respectable and impressive release albeit difficult. To see such well thought out presentation as well as the time and money it took to produce these, it makes me want to understand the concepts they are putting across. As with any other disturbing art.... it takes a specific audience to want and try to allow themselves to accept it in it's entirety. I do not know yet if I am in this audience.





No comments:

Post a Comment