Sunday, February 3, 2013

Eagle Twin: The Feather Tipped The Serpent's Scale (Double gray marble vinyl)

The first Eagle Twin record was totally unexpected for me. I expected some grim Southern Lord style music with a lot of Sunn O influence, but what was on that record was so much more than I could have expected.  These guys were able to harness a really unique sound. The combination of the dark, downtuned tones with the throat singing was something that I had never heard before and was a different take on music from the genre. The Feather Tipped the Serpent's Scale is the follow up to that record.  I purchased it without hearing anything on it, assuming it was going to be exceptional.

Now, the packaging and art are interesting, but a little dull compared to the first release.  I vinyl is an interesting gray marble and they are housed in a heavy gatefold, but it's just lacking something.  The first release seemed to have a lot more heart and thought behind it all.  This record is really good overall, but it does not carry the impact that I expected.  Maybe I set my expectations really high and will appreciate this more over time; we'll see. 




No comments:

Post a Comment