Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Cryptopsy: None So Vile & Blasphemy Made Flesh repackage

None So Vile is one of the best death metal records in my opinion. When I first heard it, it really changed my perception of metal and music in general. The overall intensity and technicality of this record was something that I had never heard before.

I have been a big Cryptopsy fan since then, through DiSalvo joining and minus the newest release.

I have been looking for a copy of None So Vile for a while now and it's was really hard to find an original copy of it that was in my price range. This repackage is both of the releases in one gatefold cover. It's a clever idea but, I am not very impressed with the execution. The artwork is there for both records, but the inside is very grainy and not well printed. Also, all of the label logos and copyright information is printed over the original cover artwork because there is no extra space.

It's probably unnecessarily particular but this is one of my favorite records! I will keep an eye out for these separated in the future.





No comments:

Post a Comment